Matchbook® Beta Employer Terms
By agreeing to participate in the Beta, all Beta firms (“Employers”) will be able to access screened and vetted candidates, inclusive of recruiter notes and candidate summaries. Additionally, Employers will be able to view candidate profiles, directly request interviews and hire candidates. Employers can hire as many candidates as they would like during the Beta phase through Matchbook and Employer agrees to pay a fee for each hire (“Success Fee”) equal to the following schedule:
Matchbook Beta Success Fee Schedule:
All Hires: An amount equal to 15% of candidates base salary
Amounts are payable within 15 business days of the candidates start date.
This Fee Schedule is incorporated by reference and governed by the Terms and Conditions, which contains explanations of defined terms.
Once an Employer signs up and is approved, the Employer will receive access to candidates showcased on Matchbook via email. From there, Employers are able to Request Interviews and contact (through the Services) Candidates listed through Matchbook. If a Candidate identified through our Services accepts a Job Offer from you within six (6) months of the date on which the Employer first viewed the Candidate through the Services, regardless of whether the Candidate accepted an Interview Request, the Employer will be charged a success fee in accordance with the schedule above, to be paid within fifteen (15) days of the Candidate’s start date. All state and local sales, use, excise, value-added, privilege and/or similar taxes applicable to the Success Fee will be invoiced as a separate item.
If we determine that an Employer has circumvented our Site and/or Services after discovering a Candidate through our Site or Service and subsequently hired that Candidate within twelve (12) months of the date on which the Employer first viewed the Candidate through the Services, we will promptly notify such Employer of such circumvention and provide Employer with thirty (30) days to provide us with reasonable documentation identifying that such Employer was involved in an Active Recruiting Process with such Candidate prior to contacting such Candidate through our Site or Service. In the event Employer is unable to provide us with such documentation, we will invoice Employer for, and the Employer will pay, a Success Fee equal to 25% of the first year base salary of the prospective employee and OneWire may, in its sole discretion, terminate the Employer’s account.
OneWire reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to make changes to any of the Fees and/or begin charging additional fees at any time, either immediately upon posting on the Site or by email delivery to you.
If you do not agree with any of the provisions of this Agreement, please terminate your account immediately and cease using OneWire.
YOUR OBLIGATION TO PAY ANY SUCCESS FEES SHALL SURVIVE ANY TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT.
The Services are hosted and operated in the United States through OneWire Holdings, LLC and our business partners. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you acknowledge that any Personal Information (defined below) that you provide to us is being provided to us in the United States and will be hosted on United States servers, and you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the United States.
What Information Do We Collect?
The information we gather enables us to personalize, improve and continue to operate the Services. In connection with certain aspects of the Services, we may request, collect and/or display some of your Personal Information. We collect the following types of information from our users.
When you create an Account, you will provide information that could be Personal Information, such as your username, password and email address. You acknowledge that this information may be personal to you, and by creating an account on the Services and providing Personal Information to us, you allow others, including us, to identify you and therefore may not be anonymous. We may use your contact information to send you information about our Services, but only rarely when we feel such information is important. You may unsubscribe from these messages through your Account settings, although we, regardless, reserve the right to contact you when we believe it is necessary, such as for account recovery purposes.
IP Address Information and Other Information Collected Automatically:
We automatically receive and record information from your web browser when you interact with the Services, including your IP address and cookie information. This information is used to facilitate collection of data concerning your interaction with the Services (e.g., what links you have clicked on).
We may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us. We use this confirmation to improve our customer service.
Information Collected Using Cookies:
- Most browsers have an option for turning off the cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allowing you to decide on acceptance of each new cookie in a variety of ways. We strongly recommend that you leave cookies active, because they enable you to take advantage of the most attractive features of the Services.
Information Related to Advertising and the Use of Web Beacons:
To support and enhance the Services, we may serve advertisements, and may also allow third parties advertisements, through the Services. These advertisements are sometimes targeted and served to particular users and may come from third party companies called “ad networks.” Ad networks include third party ad servers, ad agencies, ad technology vendors and research firms.
Advertisements served through the Services may be targeted to users who fit a certain general profile category, may be based on anonymized information inferred from information provided to us by a user, including Personal Information (e.g., gender or age), may be based on the Services usage patterns of particular users, or may be based on your activity on Third Party Services. We do not provide Personal Information to any ad networks for use outside of the Services.
To increase the effectiveness of ad delivery, we may deliver a file (known as a “web beacon”) from an ad network to you through the Services. Web beacons allow ad networks to provide anonymized, aggregated auditing, research and reporting for us and for advertisers. Web beacons also enable ad networks to serve targeted advertisements to you when you visit other websites. Because your web browser must request these advertisements and web beacons from the ad network’s servers, these companies can view, edit or set their own cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from their site.
We may collect information about how both unregistered and registered users, collectively, use the Services. We may use this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, which in certain cases could be used to identify you personally (“Aggregate Information”). This type of aggregate data enables us and third parties authorized by us to figure out how often individuals use parts of the Services so that we can analyze and improve them.
How, and With Whom, Is My Information Shared?
The Services are designed to help you share information with others. As a result, some of the information generated through the Services is shared publicly or with third parties.
Public Information about Your Activity on the Services:
We provide you with the ability to control which, if any, of your Personal Information is shared with other OneWire users. You choose the information that you make public in your OneWire user profile; you may keep all of your Personal Information, including your real name, private. When choosing which of your Personal Information to make public, keep in mind that your resume or other information you provide to us may reveal your identity. It is your responsibility, not OneWire’s, to ensure that you do not make public information which may identify you. You always have the ability to control your profile visibility by accessing the privacy settings in your account.
Please remember that if you choose to provide Personal Information using such public features of the Services, then that information is publicly available and individuals reading such information may use or disclose it to other individuals or entities without our control and without your knowledge, and search engines may index that information. Despite commercially reasonable efforts, OneWire cannot guarantee the privacy of Personal Information submitted by you. We therefore urge you to think carefully about including any specific information you may deem private in content that you create or information that you submit through the Services.
Information Shared with Potential Employers and Recruiters:
You acknowledge and agree that we may share the profile and resume information you have elected to make public, including any Personal Information, with potential employers (both employers who use the Site and employers we work with outside of the Site) in connection with their hiring and recruitment purposes, as well as with the companies you choose to follow on the Site. When creating a OneWire user profile, the default settings are that your information will be public to all companies, with the exception that you will be private to your current employer. You always have the ability to control your profile visibility by accessing the privacy settings in your account. Employers and recruiters may be able to search the user profile and resume information that users have elected to make public on the Services for their hiring and recruitment purposes. In certain cases, employers may use information they have obtained about you elsewhere to search for information about specific candidates on the Services.
Without limiting the foregoing, in the event OneWire determines that you meet the criteria submitted to the Services by an employer seeking to fill a position, OneWire will notify that employer and disclose to them the profile information, if any, that you have elected to make public. If your public profile information includes your contact information, then such employer or recruiter may contact you directly. You may hide your profile from some employers. In that case, you need to apply to these positions before employers can review your information and reach out to you.
Information you Elect to Share to Third Party Services:
IP Address Information:
We share Aggregate Information with our partners, service providers, potential employers and other persons with whom we conduct business. We share this type of statistical data so that our partners can understand how and how often people use our Services and their services or websites, which facilitates improving both their services and how our Services interface with them. In addition, these third parties may share with us non-private, aggregated or otherwise non Personal Information about you that they have independently developed or acquired.
Without limiting the foregoing, we may create, use, distribute, commercialize and fully exploit aggregate data analyses and compilations from users’ use of and interaction with the Services and users’ profile, resume and other information provided to us, provided that any sharing of such aggregate data with third parties shall not identify any specific user’s name or employer.
Email Communications with Us:
As part of the Services, you may occasionally receive email and other communications from us, such as communications relating to your Account. Communications relating to your Account will only be sent for purposes important to the Services, such as password recovery.
As stated above, except for those Services governed by an OMSA, we do not currently collect financial information, as that information is collected and stored by our Payment Processor, but we may from time to time request and receive some of your financial information from our Payment Processor for the purposes of completing transactions you have initiated through the Services, enrolling you in discount, rebate, and other programs in which you elect to participate, protecting against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business. For those Services governed by an OMSA, the credit card authorization forms we may collect will remain private within OneWire.
Information Shared with Our Agents:
We employ and contract with people and other entities that perform certain tasks on our behalf and who are under our control (our “Agents”). We may need to share Personal Information with our Agents in order to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, our Agents do not have any right to use Personal Information or other information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information with our Agents.
Information Disclosed Pursuant to Business Transfers:
In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the transferred business assets. Moreover, if we, or substantially all of our assets, were acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of us or our assets may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
Information Disclosed for Our Protection and the Protection of Others:
We also reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as it reasonably believes is necessary to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (ii) enforce these Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations hereof, (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, (iv) respond to user support requests, or (v) protect our rights, property or safety, our users and the public. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and spam/malware prevention.
Information We Share With Your Consent:
Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
Is Information About Me Secure?
Your Account information will be protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your Account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your Account.
We seek to protect Account information to ensure that it is kept private; however, we cannot guarantee the security of any Account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
We otherwise store all of our information, including your IP address information, using industry-standard techniques. We do not guarantee or warrant that such techniques will prevent unauthorized access to information about you that we store, Personal Information or otherwise.
If we store your credit authorization form for those Services governed by an OMSA, we will keep that form confidential in accordance with standard business practices.
What Information of Mine Can I Access?
If you are a registered user, you can access information associated with your Account by logging into the Services. Registered and unregistered users can access and delete cookies through their web browser settings.
California Privacy Rights: Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal customer information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following address: OneWire Holdings, LLC, 404 5th Ave, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10018.
How Can I Delete My Account?
Should you ever decide to delete your Account, you may do so by emailing [email protected] If you terminate your Account, any association between your Account and information we store will no longer be accessible through your Account. Please note that some Account information may remain in our records after deletion of your account
What Choices Do I Have Regarding My Information?
- You can use many of the features of the Services without registering, thereby limiting the type of information that we collect.
- You can always opt not to disclose certain information to us, even though it may be needed to take advantage of some of our features.
- You can delete your Account. Please note that we will need to verify that you have the authority to delete the Account, and activity generated prior to deletion will remain stored by us and may be publicly accessible.
- You can request from OneWire at any time information about which personal data OneWire processes about you and the correction or deletion of such personal data. If your information changes, or you no longer desire our services, you may correct, update, amend, delete/remove or deactivate it by making the change on your account page or by emailing our Customer Support at [email protected] or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below.
- Depending on which laws apply to your personal information, we may only be able to do some of these actions for you. If you request an action and we refuse to do it, we will explain your legal rights, the reason for our refusal and any recourse you may have. Please note that if you request that OneWire delete your personal data, you will no longer be able to use any OneWire service that requires the use of your personal data. If you have provided more than one email address to our service, you may continue to be contacted, unless you request to unsubscribe each email address you have provided.
- If OneWire uses your personal data based on your consent or to perform a contract with you, you may further request from OneWire a copy of the personal data that you have provided to OneWire. In this case, please contact [email protected] and specify the information or processing activities to which your request relates, the format in which you would like this information, and whether the personal data is to be sent to you or another recipient.
- You can request that we restrict your personal data from any further processing in any of the following events: (i) you state that the personal data OneWire has about you is incorrect, (but only for as long as OneWire is required to check the accuracy of the relevant personal data), (ii) there is no legal basis for OneWire to process your personal data and you demand that OneWire restricts your personal data from further processing, (iii) OneWire no longer requires your personal data but you claim that you require OneWire to retain such data in order to claim or exercise legal rights or to defend against third party claims or (iv) if you object to the processing of your personal data by OneWire (based on OneWire’s legitimate interest as further explained above), which may be required when determining if OneWire has a prevailing interest or legal obligation in processing your personal data.
- We will respond to your request without undue delay within 30 days. OneWire reserves the right to take reasonable steps to verify customer identity prior to granting access or processing changes or corrections. Please direct any such request to [email protected]
- Data Retention: We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you Services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you Services, contact us at [email protected] We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- Email Preferences: You may sign up to receive emails or other communications from us. If you would like to discontinue receiving this information, you may update your email preferences by using the ‘Unsubscribe’ link found in emails we send to you, by making a change on your account settings page, or by contacting us at [email protected]
OneWire Holdings, LLC
404 Fifth Avenue, 3rd Floor
New York, NY 10018
Attn: Privacy Office
What If I Have Questions or Concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy using the Services, please send us a detailed message to [email protected] We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.